Monday, September 06, 2004

Thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ

I am very thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Since my mother died a few people have talked to me about how terrible it is to lose someone. And I have to explain that I haven't lost here. We are still a part of a family. We were sealed by the power of God to be an eternal family, that is what "sealing in heaven and on earth" is all about. It took a lot of work to be ready for that, and it still takes a lot of work to repent of my sins all the time. God established the family before the Fall of Adam, before mortality, so there must be some way for the family to continue into eternity. And it is through the sealing power that it is so.

After our daughter died in 2000 it was terrible. The grief literature that the hospital and insurance sent was just too depressing to read because no one had any hope of ever seeing their family again. It doesn't have to be this way, and it is terrible to see in peoples eyes the desire not to hope that it could be this way. That they could be disappointed if they allowed themselves that hope. I want them so desperately to believe and be happy and to know real joy.

I don't expect them believe me, I am no one and nothing, I don't want you to believe me. Ask the omnipotent, omniscient God, our all-loving Heavenly Father, what He thinks and He will answer your sincere, heartfelt prayers. He loves you unconditionally and wants you to be happy. Christ atoned for us to help us and He is there to help.

Prayer is powerful. Do it.

P.S. To learn more go here.

No comments: