Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Fun Weather Condition

I didn't have a camera handy so I don't have a picture of this really cool weather effect.
It is partly sunny today with a great chance for afternoon thundershowers around here somewhere, like just over there, but not here.
Well, there was a really large white cumulus cloud to the north of town and it was just in the right place for this effect with another in front of the sun itself.
As we were driving back from OfficeMax I noticed that the cars and truck around us have some very odd shadows, there were shadows on the south side of the cars. I took me a minute to realize what I was seeing. As a hobby I do a little photography and it was just like a subject lit with two light sources. It was the oddest thing and took me some time to figure out how the light was coming to pull off the effect.
That was just really cool.

No comments: