Tuesday, October 09, 2007

If you don't know where you are going it doesn't matter which road you take.

The 5 Secrets to Success | Nubbytwiglet.com: "The easiest way to begin the process is to make a list of goals and achievements. It sounds terribly cliche, but it works! "

I am re-evaluating what I am doing with my life. After loosing an good engineering job and ending up in a call center where it was so awful I couldn't remember what I had done all day. I guess my mind was just trying to protect itself for the horror of the job. There are a few memories of that place that have stuck but they are mostly in the lunch room or some office and not the floor. It was too horrible to return to after a week in the hospital.

Now it is time to try it again. I have had enough of interim or temporary or "just get a" jobs. I am tired of moving backward.

I want to move forward. To change myself and the world. I want to alter the very structure of reality itself. That statement all by itself empowers me, I feel the coals in my heart blaze a little bit.

For a long time I was scared that the fire of my soul had gone out. It wasn't, just buried under a pile of ash. I just needed time to gather fuel and build a new firepit.

No comments: