Thursday, August 06, 2009

First They Came For...

Book Banning - Megan McArdle: "Apparently, I can forget about that. Congress has apparently outlawed my hobby. Nor is this merely ideological hysteria. I just checked Amazon, and while there are still some old books for sale, it looks as if there are a lot fewer than there used to be."

First they came for the Hedge funds, and I didn't speak up because I I believed that the economy would stop if they didn't do something, but the money didn't do anything.
Then they came for the insurance companies, and I didn't speak up because I was told if they went down the economy would crash, but the money went overseas.
Then they came for the banks, and I called my congress people to say "no", but they didn't listen.
Then they came for the car companies, and I called them again and they still voted for it.
They are coming for our books.
They are coming for our medical core.
They are coming for our energy.

I still speaking up but they are ignoring me, they are ignoring you, they are no longer representing us.

No comments: