Thursday, December 23, 2004

A New Direction

I have not really been doing much with this blog as I have been spending much of my time with my other blog

And this one has been suffering because it lacks focus. So I am going to focus this blog mostly on education. While the public school system is good at what it does, I don't think that it is the best thing for my children.

I want my children to know certain things:
Literacy: English, Mathematics, History, Art, Science.
Practical Knowledge: Cooking, Laundry, Car care, Home Maintenance, banking skills, First Aid skills.
Activities: Being part of a team, playing a sport, learning a musical instrument, public speaking, building something useful,
Qualities: Being charitable, respectful, gracious, self-assured, reflective, and proactive.

There are a thousand details to be worked out and refined but there are lots of helps out there that I will be looking at and reporting on here.

No comments: